I don’t know who made these but they work, whoever you are I salute you. Since Canon are tools & wont make the drivers for the Canon LiDE 50 scanner for 64bit Windows, someone hacked them together from drivers of another (LiDE 60) Canon scanner.
Device support for this scanner is not included within Microsoft XP/Vista/Windows 7 x64 or provided as an installable driver by Canon. To resolve this lack of support please install the modified driver below.
This package is based on original Canon ScanGear driver for the LiDE 60 and includes the full ScanGear GUI TWAIN interface required to operate the scanner.
Modifications for the LiDE 50 include:
Insertion of Hardware ID
Insertion of Device ID
Replacement of LiDE 60 Colour Profile with correct LiDE 50 ICC file
Insertion of correct flatbed scan area dimensions and imaging capabilities
Direct Download [MediaFire]
(You will need 7-Zip to extract this file)
Extract the files from the archive to a folder.
If you have not yet plugged the Scanner in then when you plug the scanner in Windows will ask you for the location of the drivers, however if you have already plugged in and cancelled this request then you will need to follow the next steps:
- Open Device Manager.
- Scroll through the list and look for other devices
- Expand the other devices group, you will find a device with a yellow exclamation mark on it
- Right click on the device
- Click Browse my computer for driver software
- Click on browse and then navigate to the folder you extract the files to on your Desktop (I.e. the extracted ZIP file) then click next (check Include subfolders if it is not selected)
- If Windows thinks the driver in the folder is a match for the device you selected, it will install it.
- Once the Wizard finishes successfully, Reboot to allow driver installation to complete
If the installation Wizard was not successful then this driver is not going to work, this usually means you are trying to install the wrong hardware or have a version of Windows that this does not work with.