Battlefield 2 v1.50 is finally finished and will be released on Tuesday 1st September 2009 at 5pm UK time. (It’s about freakin time)
I must say though we must at least thank EA for makeing the effort to release a patch to a game thats 3 years old now, and while I havn’t played for a few months now I will probably give it another go once the patch is out and return to some more heavy play sessions over Friday nights and weekends to see how the games has improved. (or failed misurably and become worse)
List of Features, Tweaks and Bug Fixes being added to the game:
- Additional support for Windows Vista
- Added Highway Tampa as a required map
- Added a new map “Operation Blue Pearl”
- Added Euro Force and Armored Fury as free to play content for all Battlefield 2 players
- Added Widescreen support
- Added support for the Novint Falcon controller
- Allowed BF2.exe to use more than 2Gb RAM
- Changes made to both the J10 and F35B to make them more balanced
- AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective
- Added checks to prevent “runway grieving”
- Various changes made to prevent cheating
- Tweaked the hit detection, hits will be more accurate to the model
- Occasional connection drops after being on a server a couple of minutes – Fixed
- Prevented use of mouse wheel to provide speed boost to vehicles
- Prevented use of mouse wheel to exploit parachutes
- Players can now pass claymores by going prone
- Update the HUD on TV Guided missiles to increase visibility on maps like Dragon Valley
- Added Battlefield 2142 style prone deviation (going prone will now cause reduced accuracy for a brief period)
- Fixed the issue where picking up a players kit would cause CTD
- Updated BF2OpenAL.dll from version 126.96.36.199 to version 188.8.131.52
- Updated ch_gas_station collision mesh on Dragon Valley to be consistent with other gas station buildings
- Fixed the issue where MEC artillery piece on Operation Clean Sweep changes to the USMC’s control when they capture the Airfield flag
- Updated the Challenger2 HUD to show the correct icon instead of the M1A2 HUD icon
- Changed a PLA FAV to MEC FAV on Road to Jalalabad
- Tweaked the artillery respawn time on Dragon Valley for to 360 seconds as other artillery uses
- Included a delay after weapon switch for the Bizon (PP-19) to 0.666
- Updated the F35B’s lock delay to 1 second instead of 1.5 seconds to match other aircraft
- Changed the Humvee camo on Taraba Quarry to be the correct design
- Increased the splash damage of the UH-60 (Black Hawk) guns from 0.25 to 1.5
- Updated the G36E HUD to react the same as other weapons during sprint
It’s on the official Forgotten Hope site, we finally have a day.
Friday 14th December, 2007 at 19:00GMT 🙂
Forgotten Hope V 2.0 Downloads
- Warumdarum.de #1
- Warumdarum.de #2
- Warumdarum.de #3 (Mozilla only)
Following the June outage of Battlefield 2 stats, DICE and EA have been working to compensate all players who were active during that time for the inconvenience that we realize this issue represented. After examining all the options, it has been decided that players who were active during the stats outage will be granted 2000 points as well as a gold star. This will be awarded to over 150,000 affected players starting at 12:00AM PST August 8, 2007.
Additionally, it was recently discovered that stats from some 64 player servers during the outage period could not be recovered as we had previously believed and sincerely hoped. Stats from smaller servers were unaffected. However, we realize and recognize this still represents a disappointing loss of both time and points to a great deal of players. We want to apologize for that unanticipated outcome, and wish we could provide additional compensation.
We hope that this compensation goes some way towards easing the loss, and wish to again apologize for the frustration this stats issue represented for many of you.
Ok after some seriosu time it now appears that my stats are updating properly now. Awards, points, and time etc. the entire thing.
It appears now that there are still some bugs with the stats updating. While I’m getting points, I’m not getting medals I have earned.
As it seems, the stats system has started to work again. Well at least my stats are updating.
EA and/or Gamespy (Gamespy takes care of the stat recording servers) is having some major issues. Lots of speculation about what is causing it, but the end result is that until EA gets their act together, you may or may not receive points for playing.
Finally after a long and painful wait Battlefield 2 Patch 1.4 has been released.
1.4 Patch – New content
* New level: Road to Jalalabad (Conquest 16-32-64, Singleplayer, Co-op)
* New Server Option: No Vehicles mode
1.4 Patch – Fix List
* Front end – Fix server browser issues with updating info
* Front End – Multiplayer & Co-op – Players on server list can include Bots instead of human players
* Multiplayer Internet Server maps size filter not working
* Fixed an issue in the front end where pressing tab twice in the IP window would cause the cursor to skip to wrong box
* Increased server stability
* All levels – Co-op – Crash after reviving player without a kit- 1st attempt Server – Linux 32 Dedicated – Server crashes when trying to rotate maps in Special Forces Co-op Mode (fixed on SUSE only. Still present in Red Hat and Fedora)
* Adjust the minimum number of players to start the round.The new values for 16, 32 and 64 players are 6, 6 and 8 respectively.
* Re-enable unlocks on unranked servers
* Ranked server forces unlocks i.e. have to have unlocks selected.
* Coop – Local Server – If Server Host is kicked and banned although they do not actually get kicked, no other players may join the server after that point.
* Fixed a dedicated server crash which was occurring when the user held “CTRL” and “SHIFT” while selecting a map
* Fixed a crash which would occur when c4 was placed on a flag pole and the server rotated maps
* Vehicle drop crash related bug (missing icon)
* Co-Op bot console commands do not function on local servers.
Client / Gameplay:
* Red/Blue nametag bug –Fix to the issue where players would show up with the wrong color name tag
* Introduced a delay from proning to standing to help reduce exploiting
* Adjusted C4 to make throwing more difficult
* Fixed the issue where a red distance marker appears on the ground
* Fixed the issue that caused players arms to become invisible after switching weapons when using throwable items
* Made adjustments to reduce the damage taken by vehicles when driving
* Adjusted the tire material on the muscle car to reduce the issue with this vehicle taking too much damage.
* Commander options no longer available whilst dead.
* Fixed the issue with a spawn point showing up as selected when a player has spawned in during preview round
* Fixed the issue that would cause infantry players to be revived with no kit.
* Fixed several rare graphics crashes.
* Fixed issue with players crashing while clicking “Join Game” in the front end
* Car-Drop: Made adjustments to the car drop feature to prevent players from exploiting into buildings.
* Discovered and repaired an issue tied to projectiles which would sometimes allow tanks to fire two shells, support to fire multiple rounds, and other issues (all maps).
* Fixed bug where after 2 rounds on the same map, the top player stars are awarded to the wrong people in the menu
* Transport Helicopters – Increased the armor of all transport helicopters