Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx) has been released.
- Boot speed: Noticeably quicker on almost any machine & super-fast on SSD-based machines such as netbooks.
- Social from the start: The new ‘Me Menu’ in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS consolidates the process of accessing & updating social networks including Facebook, Digg, & Twitter. The Me Menu also integrates chat channels so users can talk with friends or colleagues on Google Talk, MSN, IRC & nearly every network.
- Ubuntu One: Enhanced desktop integration for the online service means files & folders can be shared & saved on the cloud more easily. Bookmark & contacts sharing has been added, speeding the move from personal computer to personal computing.
- Ubuntu One Music Store: Music from the world’s largest labels & greatest bands available direct to Ubuntu users through the default music player. Purchase tracks, store in Ubuntu One & share DRM-free music from one location across multiple computers & devices.
- Ubuntu Software Centre 2.0: An easy way to find new software, & keep track of it once it’s installed in a new, sleeker interface. Users can also single out software provided by Ubuntu, by Canonical partners or by developers who use Canonical’s Launchpad Personal Package Archive (PPA) hosting service.
- Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook Edition (UNE): As well as benefiting from the improvements in the Desktop Edition, netbook users will see even faster boot speeds on SSD-based devices, faster suspend/resume that will extend battery life – & the industry-leading interface for these smaller screens.
For more details visit the Ubuntu site.
The default username and password for the Fuji Xerox DocuCentre 1085 is as follows:
When accessing the web interface of the Fuji Xerox DocuCentre 1085 f you attempt to change any settings you will be prompted for this username and password. The default that the copier is set to is in my experience not clearly identified in the manual.
HP and Palm have entered into an agreement where HP will purchase Palm for about USD$1.2 billion. As someone who owns a Palm phone I find it comforting that Palm will still exist and be able to support it’s products.
HP to Acquire Palm for $1.2 Billion
The default username and password for the Fuji Xerox DocuCentre-III 2007 is as follows:
When accessing the web interface of the Fuji Xerox DocuCentre-III 2007 if you attempt to change any settings you will be prompted for this username and password. The default that the copier is set to is in my experience not clearly identified in the manual.
When accessing the administrator menus on the copier the code 11111 is used.
Microsoft have released there patches for the month.
- Vulnerabilities in Windows Could Allow Remote Code Execution (981210)
- Vulnerabilities in SMB Client Could Allow Remote Code Execution (980232)
- Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows Media Services Could Allow Remote Code Execution (980858)
- Vulnerability in Microsoft MPEG Layer-3 Codecs Could Allow Remote Code Execution (977816)
- Vulnerability in Windows Media Player Could Allow Remote Code Execution (979402)
- Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (979683)
- Vulnerability in VBScript Could Allow Remote Code Execution (981169)
- Vulnerability in Microsoft Office Publisher Could Allow Remote Code Execution (981160)
- Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Exchange and Windows SMTP Service Could Allow Denial of Service (981832)
- Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Visio Could Allow Remote Code Execution (980094)
- Vulnerabilities in Windows ISATAP Component Could Allow Spoofing (978338)
Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for April 2010
I have installed the ComentLuv and a Do Follow plugin into WordPress. This does not mean however you can just spam comments at my blog, I’ve also taken measures to prevent spamming, plus If I think a comment ads no value to the post in question it will get removed.
Well, I have finished the move to WordPress, well as much as can be at this point, right now I’m still looking for 404 errors (broken links) in the site that point to things I may have missed. Must admit that Googles Webmaster Tools has been helpful at finding the links from other sites that link into my site, this give me to opportunity to redirect them to the right place. (Don’t want to miss out on those inbound links)
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post in WordPress.
So I’ve moved my Blog to WordPress, there is going to be lots of work though as Nucleus CMS is a pain to convert to any other format. After much pain and effort changing the RSS feed to export the entire site and then make sure every post works and displays all it’s content (the most time consuming part having to check each post), Finding that it’s missed posts with extended content, copying any image I have displayed over to WordPress and it’s directory structure.
If you seeing this as a WordPress blog then it’s been a success, not a total fucking waste of time.
Firefox has revived a security update, so it’s time to download Firefox 3.6.3.
Fixed in Firefox 3.6.3: