Lots of people out there ask what the best tool for convert those movie files you have on your computer to a playable DVD, well lets cut to the chase I think it’s ConvertXtoDVD. Now lots of people are going to say there are other programs out there that are free or better but if you want just point and click conversion then ConvertXtoDVD is the way to go.
Now I’ll be honest if I was burning a DVD that contained multi videos, say something of an Episodic nature I like more control over the menus produced so I might use something Like NeroVision, however the price you would pay for that is basically NeroVision is slow and doesn’t handle everything. The main and primary reasons I like ConvertXtoDVD is that it handles MKV files, and supports Subtitles.
Features of ConvertXtoDVD
- Video formats supported include: avi, divx, xvid, mov, mkv, flv , mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg-, nsv, dvr-ms, ts, ifo, vob, asf, wmv, realmedia, rm, rmvb, and ogm
- DVD Menu creation from Templates possibility to add background video, image or audio, have chapter and audio/subtitle menus
- Fast and quality encoder, typically less than 1 hour for converting 1 movie, and supports Multi-Core processors!
- Built in features that allow you to burn strait to DVD after encoding completes
- Custom and automatic chapter insertion
- Ability to join files that are in multiple parts including joining subtitles in multiple parts
- Audio formats supported internal and external: AC3, DTS, PCM, OGG, MP3, WMA
- Subtitles files supported internal and external: SRT, .SUB/IDX, .SSA with color and font selection, and supports tags like italic, bold
- Video output for video standard (NTSC, PAL), TV Screen (Widescreen 16:9, Fullscreen 4:3) and DVD Resolution (Full D1, Boradcast D1, Half D1, SIF), or choose automatic for all choices listed above.
- Also convert video from NTSC to PAL or PAL to NTSC
- Video resize-pad/cropping and de-interlacing options