Fedora 14 has been released, replacing Fedora 13. Fedora 14 includes the following enhancements:
- libjpeg-turbo Users can load and save images faster in Fedora 14 than in previous releases
- Spice Spice (Simple Protocol for Independent Computing Environments) provides users with an enhanced remote desktop experience. Currently, it provides the rudimentary foundation to take advantage of things like Accelerated 2D graphics, encryption, and “hardware” cursor support
- D Fedora 14 introduces support for D, a systems programming language combining the power and high performance of C and C++ with the programmer productivity of modern languages such as Ruby and Python
- Python 2 upgrade The system python 2 stack has been upgraded to 2.7
- GNUStep A GUI framework based of the Objective-C programming language which is part of the gcc
- Memory Debugging Tools The new “gdb-heap” package adds a new “heap” command to /usr/bin/gdb which allows you to get a breakdown of how a process is using dynamic memory
- Rakudo Star An implementation of Perl version 6
- Support for Milkymist Developers can enjoy developing for Milkymist, an open hardware embedded board, on Fedora 14. Thanks to the Fedora Electronic Lab for their work in this regard
- Fedora is now available for users of the Amazon Elastic Computing Cloud service, released concurrently with the traditional release
- virt-v2v assists in the easy migration of Xen virtual machines to KVM virtual machines
- A Virtualization Technology Preview Repo allows users to test the very latest developments in virtualization related packages
- Varnish has been updated and includes improved scalability and a new log function
- Apache has been updated and includes a number of mod and security fixes
Fedora 13 has been released, replacing Fedora 12. Fedora 13 includes the following enhancements:
- Streamlined Installer
- Automatic print driver installation
- New desktop applications and enhancements
- NetworkManager improvements include better Mobile Broadband Support
- Color management
- Enhanced iPod functionality
- Enhanced streaming and buffering support in Totem
- 3D support for ATI cards (R600 and R700) via Radeon driver
- Experimental 3D graphics support extended to free Nouveau driver for NVidia cards
- KDE improvements
- DisplayPort support improvements
- Experimental user management interface
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx) has been released.
- Boot speed: Noticeably quicker on almost any machine & super-fast on SSD-based machines such as netbooks.
- Social from the start: The new ‘Me Menu’ in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS consolidates the process of accessing & updating social networks including Facebook, Digg, & Twitter. The Me Menu also integrates chat channels so users can talk with friends or colleagues on Google Talk, MSN, IRC & nearly every network.
- Ubuntu One: Enhanced desktop integration for the online service means files & folders can be shared & saved on the cloud more easily. Bookmark & contacts sharing has been added, speeding the move from personal computer to personal computing.
- Ubuntu One Music Store: Music from the world’s largest labels & greatest bands available direct to Ubuntu users through the default music player. Purchase tracks, store in Ubuntu One & share DRM-free music from one location across multiple computers & devices.
- Ubuntu Software Centre 2.0: An easy way to find new software, & keep track of it once it’s installed in a new, sleeker interface. Users can also single out software provided by Ubuntu, by Canonical partners or by developers who use Canonical’s Launchpad Personal Package Archive (PPA) hosting service.
- Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook Edition (UNE): As well as benefiting from the improvements in the Desktop Edition, netbook users will see even faster boot speeds on SSD-based devices, faster suspend/resume that will extend battery life – & the industry-leading interface for these smaller screens.
For more details visit the Ubuntu site.
Well if you use Debian or Ubuntu is would suggest looking into that conf, apparently PRNG (Pseudo Random Number Generator) is predictable and installing a patch isn’t good enough to fix this problem. After installing the patch you will need to regenerate your keys.