Battlefield 2 v1.50 is finally finished and will be released on Tuesday 1st September 2009 at 5pm UK time. (It’s about freakin time)
I must say though we must at least thank EA for makeing the effort to release a patch to a game thats 3 years old now, and while I havn’t played for a few months now I will probably give it another go once the patch is out and return to some more heavy play sessions over Friday nights and weekends to see how the games has improved. (or failed misurably and become worse)
List of Features, Tweaks and Bug Fixes being added to the game:
- Additional support for Windows Vista
- Added Highway Tampa as a required map
- Added a new map “Operation Blue Pearl”
- Added Euro Force and Armored Fury as free to play content for all Battlefield 2 players
- Added Widescreen support
- Added support for the Novint Falcon controller
- Allowed BF2.exe to use more than 2Gb RAM
- Changes made to both the J10 and F35B to make them more balanced
- AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective
- Added checks to prevent “runway grieving”
- Various changes made to prevent cheating
- Tweaked the hit detection, hits will be more accurate to the model
- Occasional connection drops after being on a server a couple of minutes – Fixed
- Prevented use of mouse wheel to provide speed boost to vehicles
- Prevented use of mouse wheel to exploit parachutes
- Players can now pass claymores by going prone
- Update the HUD on TV Guided missiles to increase visibility on maps like Dragon Valley
- Added Battlefield 2142 style prone deviation (going prone will now cause reduced accuracy for a brief period)
- Fixed the issue where picking up a players kit would cause CTD
- Updated BF2OpenAL.dll from version 126.96.36.199 to version 188.8.131.52
- Updated ch_gas_station collision mesh on Dragon Valley to be consistent with other gas station buildings
- Fixed the issue where MEC artillery piece on Operation Clean Sweep changes to the USMC’s control when they capture the Airfield flag
- Updated the Challenger2 HUD to show the correct icon instead of the M1A2 HUD icon
- Changed a PLA FAV to MEC FAV on Road to Jalalabad
- Tweaked the artillery respawn time on Dragon Valley for to 360 seconds as other artillery uses
- Included a delay after weapon switch for the Bizon (PP-19) to 0.666
- Updated the F35B’s lock delay to 1 second instead of 1.5 seconds to match other aircraft
- Changed the Humvee camo on Taraba Quarry to be the correct design
- Increased the splash damage of the UH-60 (Black Hawk) guns from 0.25 to 1.5
- Updated the G36E HUD to react the same as other weapons during sprint
It’s on the official Forgotten Hope site, we finally have a day.
Friday 14th December, 2007 at 19:00GMT 🙂
Forgotten Hope V 2.0 Downloads
- Warumdarum.de #1
- Warumdarum.de #2
- Warumdarum.de #3 (Mozilla only)
Following the June outage of Battlefield 2 stats, DICE and EA have been working to compensate all players who were active during that time for the inconvenience that we realize this issue represented. After examining all the options, it has been decided that players who were active during the stats outage will be granted 2000 points as well as a gold star. This will be awarded to over 150,000 affected players starting at 12:00AM PST August 8, 2007.
Additionally, it was recently discovered that stats from some 64 player servers during the outage period could not be recovered as we had previously believed and sincerely hoped. Stats from smaller servers were unaffected. However, we realize and recognize this still represents a disappointing loss of both time and points to a great deal of players. We want to apologize for that unanticipated outcome, and wish we could provide additional compensation.
We hope that this compensation goes some way towards easing the loss, and wish to again apologize for the frustration this stats issue represented for many of you.
Ok after some seriosu time it now appears that my stats are updating properly now. Awards, points, and time etc. the entire thing.
It appears now that there are still some bugs with the stats updating. While I’m getting points, I’m not getting medals I have earned.