Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx) has been released.
- Boot speed: Noticeably quicker on almost any machine & super-fast on SSD-based machines such as netbooks.
- Social from the start: The new ‘Me Menu’ in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS consolidates the process of accessing & updating social networks including Facebook, Digg, & Twitter. The Me Menu also integrates chat channels so users can talk with friends or colleagues on Google Talk, MSN, IRC & nearly every network.
- Ubuntu One: Enhanced desktop integration for the online service means files & folders can be shared & saved on the cloud more easily. Bookmark & contacts sharing has been added, speeding the move from personal computer to personal computing.
- Ubuntu One Music Store: Music from the world’s largest labels & greatest bands available direct to Ubuntu users through the default music player. Purchase tracks, store in Ubuntu One & share DRM-free music from one location across multiple computers & devices.
- Ubuntu Software Centre 2.0: An easy way to find new software, & keep track of it once it’s installed in a new, sleeker interface. Users can also single out software provided by Ubuntu, by Canonical partners or by developers who use Canonical’s Launchpad Personal Package Archive (PPA) hosting service.
- Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook Edition (UNE): As well as benefiting from the improvements in the Desktop Edition, netbook users will see even faster boot speeds on SSD-based devices, faster suspend/resume that will extend battery life – & the industry-leading interface for these smaller screens.
For more details visit the Ubuntu site.